Saturday 21 March 2015

''I’m not Fat, I Just Have Big Bum'' – Halima Abubakar

Popular Nollywood actress, Halima Abubakar, said that in a new interview with Ademola Olonilua. Excerpts:

  • Are there disadvantages being a curvy lady?

For me, it has a lot of disadvantages because people think I am fat because my bum is big. I am a small lady but because I am curvy, I look short. It could be so annoying when someone says I should lose weight because I am fat. When someone’s stomach is big, there are reasons for it. I have ulcer but they conclude that I eat too much.
  • Do you bleach your skin?

I had a burn and it is still healing. I had an accident about two years ago when I was cooking and hot palm oil splashed on my legs, laps and part of my hand. I used ‘ori’ (shea butter) for the other parts but for some parts, I would need to bleach it out.

I have not even started the procedure and people are saying that I am bleaching already. People might not believe me but it is the truth. Even when I have a new ring, I cannot show it off because people tend to just see my hands and conclude that I bleach. They can keep talking but they don’t know what I went through. I was nursing the injuries for over two months and I did not leave my house.

  • What would you say has been your biggest fashion error?

I wore a lot of shining clothes back in the days. I think I overdid it and I had about seven different colours of those shining clothes. When I like something, I think I tend to go over-board with it. I recently fell in love with yoga pants and I bought them in all colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment